This healthy salad is perfect for lunch on a hot summer’s day. Not your ordinary salad – it is bursting with juiciness and packed with flavour!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 800g butternut pumpkin, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 Queen Garnet plums, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tsp cumin
- 5 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- Optional: add some strips of chicken breast for extra protein and flavour
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cook quinoa in 2 cups of boiling water until all the water has evaporated.
- As the quinoa cooks, line a tray with baking paper and spread the pumpkin on the tray evenly. Coat the pumpkin in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the cumin, sweet paprika and cinnamon.
- Roast the pumpkin until the surface is slightly tender. Add the plums to the tray facing up and finish roasting until both are tender.
- Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and add the pumpkin, walnuts, mint, feta, lime juice and leftover olive oil. Gently stir to combine.
- Cut the plums into eighths and put in salad bowl.
- To serve, evenly distribute the salad among plates.