This banana bread recipe is sure to become a staple in your family’s home. Have you ever found banana bread slightly dry? Enter Queen Garnet plums! Beautifully sweet and juicy, they are the perfect addition to your banana bread recipes.
What you’ll need:
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Queen Garnet plums, diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 of a 250g stick of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups Woolworths gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 175ºC.
- Evenly mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar together. Add in the milk, eggs, vanilla essence and banana until well blended.
- Add the dry bowl of ingredients slowly into the wet bowl of ingredients, stirring as you pour.
- Add the plums and stir to combine.
- Grease a loaf pan with some butter and pour batter into pan.
- Put in oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the bread to cool until slightly warm before transferring to wire rack.